minimalist ripple client

minimalist ripple client

Postby jatchili » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:41 pm

(If this is in the wrong subforum please move it; thanks.)

Since RippleTrade signups are paused, I decided to publish a tool I made for minimal-overhead interaction with the Ripple network. It's only slightly more convenient than typing commands into the RPC console, but at least it's something... https://jatchili.github.io/minimalist-ripple-client/

It's aimed at people who are already mostly familiar with how Ripple works. The main consideration is simplicity of setup -- the entire thing is just one big HTML file which you can save and run locally. (I encourage you to do so, although, you should check this thread periodically for updates and bug reports.)

You can also run it through TorBrowser, for better security and privacy.

Important note: There's no memory, local or remote - your keys are discarded as soon as you close the window. You'll need to enter your secret whenever you want to make transactions. So, make sure it's stored in a safe place before you exit.

Caveat emptor, as goes without saying. However, feedback and pull-requests are welcome. (Details are on the GitHub page.) If you make a new account with the "generate identity" button, I can send you some XRP to play around with.
jatchili

Re: minimalist ripple client

Postby Sukrim » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:03 pm

Long time no see! It is a really nice idea and hopefully helps people in trying to code their own clients too. :)

Why GPLv2 by the way?
Sukrim

Postby jatchili » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:14 pm

Thanks!

TBH I just kind of arbitrarily picked a license off of the menu that GitHub provides. I guess I feel that security- and crypto-related software is better off when it's open-source, in general.
jatchili

Postby twarden » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:00 pm

This is a very nifty client, I'm now watching your project on git.

Do you have any further plans for upgrading this client? My suggestion would be that you look into integrating the ripple id service within the client. When I attempted to view an order book for XAG/~Xagate/XRP or XAG/Xagate/XRP it would not fetch the data but it does resolve with the ripple address.
XAGATE Thread~PreciousWallet.io Thread

Don't worry! I'm pretty sure that I got this under control, the last crazy visionary was was far too insane, but I struck the correct balance.
BCT Thread

I am not affiliated with Ripple Labs.
twarden

Postby RafOlP » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:17 pm

Hey ! Thats nice!
RafOlP

Postby yxxyun » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:20 am

Very nice ! thx
yxxyun

Postby jatchili » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:13 pm

twarden wrote:Do you have any further plans for upgrading this client? My suggestion would be that you look into integrating the ripple id service within the client.

This sounds doable; I should have it out today or tomorrow.

I'm not opposed to adding new features on request, as long as they don't require additional libraries or otherwise over-complicate things.
jatchili

Postby jatchili » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:55 am

Updated with Ripple name resolution.
jatchili

Postby gregmhall777 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:03 am

I keep getting an error message "unfunded" but there are plenty of funds showing that I have.

Any ideas?
gregmhall777

Postby twarden » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:11 am

gregmhall777 wrote:I keep getting an error message "unfunded" but there are plenty of funds showing that I have.

Any ideas?

I can see on ripplecharts (rhv28TTz5TTujawWBERffTP6qn3ci9Bq7b) you were trying to send payments and they were getting denied. I think that this is because you aren't meeting your reserve limit, I sent 10 XRP to your address, try it out now.
XAGATE Thread~PreciousWallet.io Thread

Don't worry! I'm pretty sure that I got this under control, the last crazy visionary was was far too insane, but I struck the correct balance.
BCT Thread

I am not affiliated with Ripple Labs.
twarden

Next

Return to General Discussion