minimalist ripple client

Re: minimalist ripple client

Postby gregmhall777 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:16 am

Thanks Taylor.

I see in the info chart the balance is "35398430"

Does this mean there is about 35 XRP? Just confused why the number is so large.

BTW, I really appreciate your help. You went out of your way and made things so much easier for me :)
gregmhall777

Postby twarden » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:29 pm

gregmhall777 wrote:Thanks Taylor.

I see in the info chart the balance is "35398430"

Does this mean there is about 35 XRP? Just confused why the number is so large.

BTW, I really appreciate your help. You went out of your way and made things so much easier for me :)

Remember that Ripples (XRP) have 6 points of precision, I.E. the smallest amount you can send is 0.000001 XRP. This amount is called a drop, 1,000,000 drops is one XRP. Sometimes Ripple confuses you and me both by not specifying which format to use: drops of Ripples.

At the time I saw you posting txns earlier, you were almost down to 25 XRP, so I assume that this issue has ceased due to it being the reserve limit; I could see at the time you had 60 XNF.

I just fetched your balances from https://xagate.com:5990/v1/accounts/rhv ... b/balances

Code: Select all
{
  "success": true,
  "ledger": 14712110,
  "validated": true,
  "balances": [
    {
      "value": "29.35043",
      "currency": "XRP",
      "counterparty": ""
    },
    {
      "value": "60",
      "currency": "XNF",
      "counterparty": "rPKSvQ1qFAksr7hzk2wC2xtqSqFbxP3wvg"
    }
  ]
}

If you want to sell your XNF for XRP or for Bitcoin, try to view an order book for it in the minimalist client by using the previous starting instructions I PM'd you. Once you are connected and have set your identity, enter XRP for the first field of CUR/Issuer#1 and input XNF/rPKSvQ1qFAksr7hzk2wC2xtqSqFbxP3wvg. The good news is the order book is active, I just checked it. TakerPays amount is the amount of the currency you specify directly below that field in which the Taker will pay you an amount for what TakerGets, the fields directly below. Specify that you want the Taker to pay X amount of XRP for Y amount of XNF/rPKSvQ1qFAksr7hzk2wC2xtqSqFbxP3wvg.

Not a problem with the help mate. I was up and reading the forums late this morning and working on a couple of things. Insomnia is a gift sometimes but most of the time it is a curse :P

For any other users looking for assistance with the usage of the minimalist client:

twarden wrote:Hello Greg,

First, Connect to Ripple and check off resolve ripple names. Generate a new identity; record your public and private key pair. Paste your secret which has access to the XRP and click set identity. Click view info and/or trustlines to view your balances. Paste the address of your new account in the destination field, input the desired amount, check off direct xrp -> xrp, then click send.

If you have any issues with this, albeit it more complicated if you've never been exposed to it, try using the JSON-RPC methods in conjunction with ripple-REST I linked you. It's just a bit of reading to get through but the actual process of getting it all done is a bunch of deleting, copying & pasting, then tweaking the amount, and fetching a unique ID for the transaction.

More concise instructions are here for getting direct access to Ripple via ripple-REST: http://quickgatewaykit.org/blog/index.p ... pple-rest/

Taylor
XAGATE Thread~PreciousWallet.io Thread

Don't worry! I'm pretty sure that I got this under control, the last crazy visionary was was far too insane, but I struck the correct balance.
BCT Thread

I am not affiliated with Ripple Labs.
twarden

Postby gregmhall777 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:29 pm

I tried to trade, and I'm not sure if it worked. It said "success" but I'll check later.

I'm very non technical, so please excuse the complete ignorance and slowness of my work. I didn't even realise I had any XNF on this platform! hehe
gregmhall777

Postby twarden » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:33 pm

gregmhall777 wrote:I tried to trade, and I'm not sure if it worked. It said "success" but I'll check later.

I'm very non technical, so please excuse the complete ignorance and slowness of my work. I didn't even realise I had any XNF on this platform! hehe

I looked and it doesn't seem that anyone has purchased your XNF as of yet. Try to GET the balance from the link I posted above to see your new balances for yourself. Bookmark it and you can access it any-time via the QGK public ripple servers :)
XAGATE Thread~PreciousWallet.io Thread

Don't worry! I'm pretty sure that I got this under control, the last crazy visionary was was far too insane, but I struck the correct balance.
BCT Thread

I am not affiliated with Ripple Labs.
twarden

Postby Qni » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:24 am

jatchili wrote:TBH I just kind of arbitrarily picked a license off of the menu that GitHub provides. I guess I feel that security- and crypto-related software is better off when it's open-source, in general.

GPL does not allow businesses to make profit from your code AFAIK, consider changing to the MIT license.
Qni

Postby Sukrim » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:09 pm

Why should other companies make profit from his code?

Anyways, your information is wrong anyways, just read the license.
Sukrim

Postby Vinnie » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:57 pm

jatchili wrote:TBH I just kind of arbitrarily picked a license off of the menu that GitHub provides. I guess I feel that security- and crypto-related software is better off when it's open-source, in general.

I agree, but the GPL is a "non-permissive" open source license. For all of my own software I prefer the MIT License, which is a permissive open-source license. Permissive means, there are no restrictions on distribution (the GPL places constraints on what you can do).

For more about permissive licenses:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permissiv ... re_licence

Note that rippled is distributed under the terms of the ISC License, a permissive software license:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISC_license
Vinnie
Ripple
Ripple

Postby Qni » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:06 am

Sukrim wrote:Why should other companies make profit from his code?

So the code contributes more to ripples ecosystem growth.

GPL does not allow inclusion in proprietary programs so the profit model has to be open source based
Qni

Postby OpGln » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:16 pm

Qni wrote:
Sukrim wrote:Why should other companies make profit from his code?

So the code contributes more to ripples ecosystem growth.

GPL does not allow inclusion in proprietary programs so the profit model has to be open source based

This is a clear advantage. With GPL, you guarantee that people who develop from your code will do it in the open
OpGln

Postby Qni » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

OpGln wrote:This is a clear advantage. With GPL, you guarantee that people who develop from your code will do it in the open

Yea, there are good sides to both, have heard that Linus Torvalds has issues with the latest GPL and that the Julia team "fought tooth and nail" to not include any GPL.
Qni

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion