A Proof of Concept Ripple Game

A Proof of Concept Ripple Game

Postby twarden » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:44 am

I would like to invite anyone who would like to have some fun and maybe make some XRP while doing that to join me in on playing a little proof of concept game that I have developed.

The Premise of Game:

I have created a simple, proof of concept, alternative reality game. In this reality game, we transact using only the assets available from the issuer ~RippleEarthGame. To play, simply trust the issuing account for one or more of its offered assets. Purchase an asset with XRP using the order book or ask for a freebie in the forums to begin playing (you may only claim one give away per person).

The point of the game is to trade up so that you get more overall value for the assets that you trade. All assets will have a market value relative to XRP, as the player's would like to buy into or sell out of the game's economy.

The issuing account and the market making account will not post more than one sell order for XRP of each game asset. There is a reserve of assets to be posted into the Giveaways board. There is also a second reserve of game assets to offer package deals on all four of the offered assets with a 40% discount off of the initial market price; there will only ever be 5,000 packages available.

~RippleEarthGame Assets:

STL => Steel => The building block of modern civilization’s industry
NRG => Energy => The electricity which powers the Earth
CNT => Contracts => Business and labour creates the available resources through contracts
DRP => Drops => In this alternative Earth, their money consists of micrograms of Antimatter droplets.

Initial Market Setup:

*The only pathway into the game is by paying XRP for a game asset or to be gifted one.

250,000,000 STL sold for 0.90 NRG each
250,000,000 STL sold for 0.30 CNT each
250,000,000 STL sold for 0.155 DRP each
100,000,000 STL sold for XRP.
150,000,000 STL reserved for give aways and for packaged deals.

250,000,000 NRG sold for 1.45 STL each
250,000,000 NRG sold for 0.5 CNT each
250,000,000 NRG sold for 0.182 DRP each
100,000,000 NRG sold for XRP.
150,000,000 NRG reserved for give away and for packaged deals.

25,000,000 CNT sold for 3.2 STL each
25,000,000 CNT sold for 4.5 NRG each
25,000,000 CNT sold for 1.97 DRP each
10,000,000 CNT sold for XRP.
15,000,000 CNT reserved for give away and for packaged deals.

25,000,000 DRP sold for 5.2 STL each
25,000,000 DRP sold for 4.1 NRG each
25,000,000 DRP sold for 2.5 CNT each
10,000,000 DRP sold for XRP.
15,000,000 DRP reserved for give away and for packaged deals.

Initial Market Prices:

STL => 0.20 XRP per unit => Steel is the most common material, it is always within a bountiful supply.
NRG => 0.25 XRP per unit => Energy is the most necessary tier 1 resource, though cheap, due to its ease of production.
CNT => 0.5 XRP per unit => Contracts are what make production possible between both businesses and labourers alike.
DRP => 1 XRP per unit => Antimatter drops are highly sought both due to their rarity and their high cost of production rates.

STL and NRG are Tier 1 items while CNT and DRP and Tier 2 items. Tier 1 items at release are 100,000,000 units and 10,000,000 units for Tier 2 items within the XRP Markets.

Giveaways:

150,000,000 / 2 = 75,000,000 STL and NRG reserved for Giveaways and Packaged Deals both.
15,000,000 / 2 = 7,500,000 CNT and DRP reserved for Giveaways and Packaged Deals both.

1 million give away packages are available.

75,000,000 / 1,000,000 = 75 Tier 1 items and 7,500,000 / 1,000,000 = 7.5 Tier 2 items

75 STL * .2 = 15 XRP
75 NRG * .25 = 18.75 XRP
7.5 CNT * .5 = 3.75 XRP
7.5 DRP * 1 = 7.5 XRP
Each user gets 45 XRP, assuming that they sell each asset for the full, initial market price of each item.

The game operator receives income from those who make purchases on the original sell orders for each item and rippling. Additionally, the game operator has reserved 5,000 packages worth of game assets for sale at a discount of 6,300 XRP, considering the initial market prices.

Last, I would like to automate the process of making four randomly generated sell orders each day into random market pairs as determined by a script that is run by a cron job daily. This is an extra element that is to be implemented soon, if you think you can be of some help, you can look at the bounty on this project here.
XAGATE Thread~PreciousWallet.io Thread

Don't worry! I'm pretty sure that I got this under control, the last crazy visionary was was far too insane, but I struck the correct balance.
BCT Thread

I am not affiliated with Ripple Labs.
twarden

Re: A Proof of Concept Ripple Game

Postby twarden » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:15 pm

I just wanted to bump this because it has been a while and no one has critiqued this idea as of yet. There is a corresponding bounty idea here. I haven't actively developed this in months and I have no plans to; feel free to steal this idea and make it your own.

Don't worry! I'm pretty sure that I got this under control, the last crazy visionary was was far too insane, but I struck the correct balance.
BCT Thread

twarden

Re: A Proof of Concept Ripple Game

Postby twarden » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:21 am

It is three years later and I am sorry for necro-posting but I do have a renewed interest in this concept. The following are my conditions for a physical implementation of this concept, for the time being I am fine with coming up with logistical implementations of a Ripple-based RCE Game.

[*]A SetFreezeTransferRate feature must be implemented
[*]A SetFreezeTickSize feature must be implemented
[*]The Rippled Team of developers must consult the legal and regulations departments of Ripple Inc and submit a reply to the issue raised in the rippled github in an official capacity stating their intended plans for when a Government Entity intends to announce, cryptographically, their intent to create an issuing account on the Ripple Consensus Ledger

If all of these conditions are met in the future, then I 100% believe that I could implement this concept and turn a profit even with a web-based prototype. My true intention is to be able to one day approach Mindark to become a Planet Partner using the Ripple Consensus Ledger and when the technology is more complete also with the Interledger Protocol. I have been a player of Entropia Universe since 2009 and I know the huge pain in the ass of waiting for upwards of 2 months for a withdrawal to be processed, so I am intending to corner a worldwide gaming and financial market (as some participants of EU are just speculators really). I believe that with my specific set of skills and circumstances that I can be of use to both Mindark and Ripple Inc once my skills & level of expertise have reached a certain "acceptable level." This only comes with age and as I have decades left only being 27, I believe that I can accomplish all of my goals or at least say that I attempted to do the best that I was able to do so.

EDIT: I would like to let the RIpple community know that I accidentally revealed the two secret keys that were used while testing this proof of concept many years ago to the user meetreks when he expressed interest in my bounty I posted. At that time I was not positive in my ability to pursue this concept so I said that someone else should feel free to take my idea as their own and encouraged meetreks to do so. As you may know, as meetreks may still have access to these secret keys, I cannot guarantee with 100% proof that I am the only one who will be using these accounts in the future. Therefore I am going to commit here that if I do use these accounts it will only be for testing and I do not intend for this proof of concept to operate under a brand name of "Ripple Earth Game."

BCT Thread

twarden

Return to General Discussion