XRP Price Speculation

For any discussion reguarding the price or exchange rate of any tradable item within Ripple

Re: XRP Price Speculation

Postby Tekio » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:59 am

nikb wrote:
Tekio wrote:Isnt fact that banks will use ripple forks already a big announcement? It managed to lower the price quite a lot

Banks will use Ripple forks? Link?

Sorry I meant their own private ledgers. Thank you for pointing it out.
Tekio

Postby xboxuser » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:53 pm

This news is most likely going to affect price: http://www.consultancy.uk/news/2799/pay ... -accenture
xboxuser

Postby bambino2105 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:02 am

Yes very good news. But dont forget we have seen some major announcements in the past as well which didnt automatically drove the price up instantly.

Also looking at the orderbooks they are getting more empty by the day. only one big sell order needed to get the price back to 0.0025
bambino2105

Postby xboxuser » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:15 pm

Reason its not driving the price up but DOWN.. The news is that 0 (Zero) XPR will be used they are cow tow to the MAN and leaving XRP out of the equation. Now banks can use ripple tech without using XRP leaving XRP and bag holders out in the cold.

Most transactions won't occur on the public network, it will be set between private ledgers/ripple forks with ILP. Ripple public network won't be used for most of the settlement.
xboxuser

Postby JoelKatz » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:29 pm

Say there's a thousand times more interledger settlement, but XRP isn't used for 99% of it. That's still a net win for everything, isn't it?
JoelKatz
Ripple
Ripple

Postby xboxuser » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:51 am

XRP Buyers are your initial investors but i get the feeling that we are not spoken for here. And as long as CORP/ get its stuff used and you all get you salary then your OK. It would be different if you stake was entirely in XRP value but a hidden agenda is coming and i think you all are not smart enough to fool us.. We see the writing on the wall thats why we are all bailing.. If you cared you would communicate officially and calm the fears but you dont seem to care in the falling value of XRP. If you cared then take a official stand and issue a statement try to at least show some transparency.

I see no attempt to care at all. Other reason for the fall is you OCT 31st deadline for KYC is upon us.. Most have sold off and left instead of going thru the paperwork dance.
xboxuser

Postby kanaas » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:49 am

JoelKatz wrote:Say there's a thousand times more interledger settlement, but XRP isn't used for 99% of it. That's still a net win for everything, isn't it?

Understand, but what makes you so sure that banks will use XRP for that 1% ?
I doubt they will and besides banks... who will use Ripple do you think?
Before ILP, XRP was an obvious part of the Ripple business model. But now it seems that XRP has not a clear use case anymore.
Nothing wrong with that, but I do not like the way Ripple communicates in this. It's misleading people to buy your mass of XRP that will become pretty useless in the future....
kanaas

Postby ahbritto » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:08 am

kanaas wrote:
JoelKatz wrote:Say there's a thousand times more interledger settlement, but XRP isn't used for 99% of it. That's still a net win for everything, isn't it?

Understand, but what makes you so sure that banks will use XRP for that 1% ?

David never said he was "so sure that banks will use XRP for that 1%". Nor would he.

Perhaps this will help you in the future: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
ahbritto
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Postby kanaas » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:21 pm

ahbritto wrote:David never said he was "so sure that banks will use XRP for that 1%". Nor would he.

Perhaps this will help you in the future: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

No, he didn't. But by countering someone who is saying that XRP will become of no value, with arguments that "XRP may see some real value some day in the future", Ripple and their employees can mislead some sort of people in search for a good investment asset. Of course you know what I mean. When Davis says "there is a chance ..." or something uncertain like that some people read this very different with their strong beliefs in this tech.
Why don't you/he just say: "with ILP XRP, from within RCL will have an uncertain use case or even no use case at all. Banks will not use it as a bridge just like most other connected ledgers probably won't"
Of course this will press demand for XRP even way lower. And that's not in the advantage for Ripple as the company. But at least it would be honest.

Don't get me wrong: I ADMIRE what Ripple has done and is doing in developments and I do think you guys may be building something huge, but we all know that XRP will NOT fit in those plans. Not anymore. You got to be honest in your communications in this matter.
kanaas

Postby jaydenbitcoin » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:21 pm

There's 66 billion reasons for Ripple not to abandon XRP, https://ripple.com/xrp-portal/
jaydenbitcoin

PreviousNext

Return to Speculation