XRP Price Speculation

For any discussion reguarding the price or exchange rate of any tradable item within Ripple

Re: XRP Price Speculation

Postby bambino2105 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:10 am

Ok, so you mean that there basically is only one ILP, and inside that ilp, banks or other companies can create their own private ilp (or whatever you want to call it) network? So with the pure and only reason to get their customer/company data protected so that it wont be shared on the ripple network?
bambino2105

Postby JoelKatz » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:10 am

bambino2105 wrote:Ok, so you mean that there basically is only one ILP, and inside that ilp, banks or other companies can create their own private ilp (or whatever you want to call it) network? So with the pure and only reason to get their customer/company data protected so that it wont be shared on the ripple network?

ILP is a protocol for performing payments across ledgers, private or public. The primary advantages of ILP over performing the transactions on the Ripple consensus ledger are that ILP permits transactions across private ledgers and ILP provides unlimited scalability. There are a few others, but those are the big ones.

Without ILP, XRP can only serve as a bridge asset between assets that trade on the Ripple consensus ledger. With ILP, XRP can bridge assets that trade directly on private ledgers.
JoelKatz
Ripple
Ripple

Postby bambino2105 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:50 am

ah thanks for clearing that up. I will do some further reading as it seems that is needed :)
bambino2105

Postby jaydenbitcoin » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:41 pm

i think the other part of the price problem is because XRP is harder to buy than Bitcoin. With SnapSwap gone, it makes it harder for US investors to invest. I've been wanting to wire money but still can't get over the fact that SnapSwap was so much cheaper and easier.

Bitcoin is so easy. Ripple needs to work on making it easier to buy XRP.
jaydenbitcoin

Postby xboxuser » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:21 pm

What will the majority of XRP be used for? Whats its purpose other than acting like a ati-spam incentive. And with it not being used with ILP ledger will it get any real use at all in the future. What's the business model as it relates to XRP..

So with all your statements can you say whats the incentive to invest or buy XRP? just tell us that. Please dont just say we cant tell you how to invest your money.. Im not asking that, just want to know the mechanics to influence anyone has to but XRP on the idea it will increase in value except just exchanges trading them just like any other crypto/.
xboxuser

Postby JoelKatz » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:16 pm

xboxuser wrote:What will the majority of XRP be used for? Whats its purpose other than acting like a ati-spam incentive. And with it not being used with ILP ledger will it get any real use at all in the future. What's the business model as it relates to XRP..

XRP is a neutral, universal currency. It follows well-known rules and cannot have arbitrary rules imposed on it. Anyone can hold XRP without having to subject themselves to some particular jurisdiction. If you think a currency with these properties isn't good for anything, then so be it. But I think it makes the ideal vehicle currency.

For transactions that involve two assets that aren't sufficiently popular to have a rich, direct order book, you can accomplish the transaction by atomically buying and selling the vehicle currency. If you don't know what currency you're going to need pay next, it makes sense to hold the vehicle currency. If you want to be able to buy any currency that's being sold at a good price, it makes sense to hold the vehicle currency.
JoelKatz
Ripple
Ripple

Postby MAkram » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:18 pm

Hi
In terms of price speculation;
Please refer to my article in speculation section on this forum under heading
"This Is Why XRP Ripple WILL SUCCEED!" to give you an insight of long term value of XRP ripples
MAkram

Postby xboxuser » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:03 pm

JoelKatz,

I just wanted you to know that you are very good with your answers and its obvious you are a really smart guy.. Your answers are clear and to the point.. Thanks for all your reply's. :)
xboxuser

Postby Omnis » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:22 pm

What a ride it has been :D I don't think $1 is out of the question in the mid-term (1-2 years). Not financial advice, just my humble opinion.
Omnis

Postby Eamorr » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:09 am

Is there a Codius replacement/Byzantine smart contract platform on the way?
Eamorr

PreviousNext

Return to Speculation