Jed's Message at XRPTalk

For any discussion reguarding the price or exchange rate of any tradable item within Ripple

Moderators: dchapes, AndrewSF

Re: Jed's Message at XRPTalk

Postby kartoffel » Thu May 22, 2014 3:59 pm

lol this thread seriously getting kicked into the 'speculation' forum long grass. So here's a question, we already know the market is TANKED. At what price should we buy back?
kartoffel

Postby tokyopotato » Thu May 22, 2014 4:22 pm

kartoffel wrote:lol this thread seriously getting kicked into the 'speculation' forum long grass. So here's a question, we already know the market is TANKED. At what price should we buy back?

No thanks on XRP for a while xD
tokyopotato

Postby lucky331 » Thu May 22, 2014 4:39 pm

kartoffel wrote:lol this thread seriously getting kicked into the 'speculation' forum long grass. So here's a question, we already know the market is TANKED. At what price should we buy back?

they say jed holds 9B xrp total. that is 9,000,000 USD at 1/1000. that is still pretty huge. so it could go there. let's wait and see what develops.
lucky331

Postby keepna » Thu May 22, 2014 5:14 pm

Ripple Labs should be more transparent about how much they sell every month to fund their operations and also how much they give to their employees, hope someone will read this
keepna

Postby nwtrades » Thu May 22, 2014 5:29 pm

keepna wrote:Ripple Labs should be more transparent about how much they sell every month to fund their operations and also how much they give to their employees, hope someone will read this

Agreed!!
nwtrades

Postby mahieddine » Thu May 22, 2014 6:00 pm

He's really a big crap why is he doing this ? damn shiiit sorry for the words guys but i'm very upset
if there is only one currency that started to change the financial world for real is XRP why the hell is doing this ?

I'm not going to sell my XRP anyway, maybe he will be named the guy who sell trillions of dollars for nothing ...
One thing for sure in life when you joke about something life will make you a joke just saying @Jed if you read this :)
mahieddine

Postby zibster123 » Thu May 22, 2014 6:28 pm

The tone of the message seems bitter despite not containing negative language.

And this is terrible timing if RL representatives are out there talking with banks.
zibster123

Postby ahbritto » Thu May 22, 2014 6:43 pm

I have been following this thread along with the rest of you today. I wanted to comment on behalf of the Ripple Labs team.

Ripple is unique. It is the only distributed protocol that enables value to move like information moves today. Our vision is for an inclusive value web, built by enterprise financial services firms and innovative developers. It greatly improves, rather than replaces, the incumbent system.

Many of you are concerned about what impact these sales will have on the market. What affects XRP price long-term is adoption of the protocol and growth of the ecosystem. As the value of the protocol (i.e. utility) increases, so does the value of XRP. The price of XRP doesn't impair the functionality of the Ripple protocol or network.

Similarly, the short-term price of XRP does not hinder our ability to execute on the vision. Our company is well-funded. We're not dependent on XRP.

A critical ingredient to Ripple's success is regulatory compliance. We're committed to support a compliant protocol and network. Expect significant developments from us on security and consumer protection features.

We've heard and shared your concern about the founders' XRP allotment. Prior to today, we've been working on a founders' XRP lock up plan, which Chris and I are participating in. You can rest assured that a dumping event like this won't happen from other co-founders.

It's heartening to see Ripple's tremendous progress as of late. On the enterprise front, there are five Wall Street funds trading on Ripple, and the first bank, Fidor, signed on to use Ripple as its real-time settlement infrastructure. The news, along with the tireless efforts of our business development team, has led to very productive conversations with top 20 banks around the world.

On the developer front, we've established a dedicated developer relations program and engineering resources to create tools to make building on Ripple easy.

On the regulatory front, our compliance and risk chiefs have made lots of headway positioning Ripple as a real-time settlement system, solving fundamental deficiencies in finance. It was a big day when VP of the St. Louis Fed, David Andolfatto, expressed his view that "there's room for beneficial coexistence [between central banks] and Ripple."

Some of you have asked what Jed's intentions are with his sale, you'll have to ask him. He hasn't been on the operating team for about a year, and hasn't been on the board since April.

In the near term, our team is focused on building a banking infrastructure on the protocol. It's a necessary, foundational step to enable other types of applications and activity on Ripple (e.g. remittance, merchant solutions, etc.). We're 54 employees strong and continue to hire.

Our purpose is to reinvent the foundation on which global finance is built. Your support and active involvement in building the value web is mission critical - thank you.

- Arthur Britto
Ripple Labs, Co-founder and Chief Strategist
ahbritto
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Postby kartoffel » Thu May 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Holy Crap. CONFIRMED. ^
kartoffel

Postby Sukrim » Thu May 22, 2014 6:56 pm

ahbritto wrote:Similarly, the short-term price of XRP does not hinder our ability to execute on the vision. Our company is well-funded. We're not dependent on XRP.

That's what I was most worried about, so all in all it just means XRP will be better distributed.

Pricing them is something I anyways am not interested in and if people think they need to speculate on something where a handful of people hold more than 2 times everyone else combined AND there is a company that again has even several times more of it to give away... well, that's their problem, I hope everyone did proper risk assessment.
Sukrim

PreviousNext

Return to Speculation