Withdraw BTC through bitstamp

Trade experiences with Ripple users and gateways

Withdraw BTC through bitstamp

Postby Le_Tanque » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:24 am

Hey everyone, here's my recent experience with bitstamp.

a) Bitcoin bridge seems to be down. :-(

b) I follow the instructions on bitstamp's site to withdraw BTC through the gateway, assuming it's some technical issue preventing the bridge to work and that bitstamp is still functional as a gateway.

c) I send 5 BTC to their address with the destination tag. ~2/24/2014 B-)

d) nothing happens B-(

e) contact bitstamp ~2 days ago so Monday night. No response and today is Wednesday night. ;-(

f) I'm down 5btc in ripple and I don't have it outside of ripple. So bitstamp has my 5btc and it's held hostage. I'm willing to negotiate with terrorist if that's what it takes! If anyone can get a message to bitstamp, tell them to release the hostages! :'-( x 10

g) Much frustration. Apparently every exchange/gateway in the crypto world is out to get me (and many others). Maybe my Satoshi prayers are being done incorrectly. I'll work on that. O:-D

So does anyone have any clues? Ideas? I heard that the bitcoin bridge is down on bitstamp's end. But I also heard bitstamp is implicating ripple as the cause for the bridge malfunction. So it's probably MtGox fault.

I'm going to try DividendRippler but I still need to know how to get that 5btc.
le_tanque
dollero.com
tanque.pro
Le_Tanque

Re: Withdraw BTC through bitstamp

Postby singpolyma » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:20 pm

I had some BTC get stuck for 2 days like this. I contacted bitstamp support right away and after two days they got back to me saying they fixed it and then my money showed up. I think sometimes their system hiccups and they miss a transaction or two.
I am not affiliated with RippleLabs. I am affiliated with https://rippleunion.com
edition right joseph
singpolyma

Postby Le_Tanque » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:18 pm

Update - Bitstamp got back to me this morning. I messed up because I didn't include the transaction number and/or other details besides the destination tag. I assumed all they would need was the dest tag and amount, but I was wrong.

Hopefully they can resolve this soon. :/
le_tanque
dollero.com
tanque.pro
Le_Tanque

Postby wickedpygmy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:25 pm

it's not clear what you are trying to achieve.

are you:

1) trying to send BTC back to your bitstamp account, address rvYAfWj5gh67oV6fW32ZzP3Aw4Eubs59B, with your unique Desination Tag

or:

2) trying to send BTC directly to a bitcoin address using the bitcoin bridge, which is operated by bitstamp

?
wickedpygmy

Postby Le_Tanque » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:58 pm

First, I tried using the bridge which doesn't work.

Second, I tried withdrawing through the gateway.
le_tanque
dollero.com
tanque.pro
Le_Tanque

Return to Trade Reports