Warning: Kraken Deposits

Trade experiences with Ripple users and gateways

Warning: Kraken Deposits

Postby cryptojoe » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:22 pm

Large XRP deposits are not registering for me at Kraken. Support not responding after 24h. Just letting people know in case that would ruin your day.
cryptojoe

Re: Warning: Kraken Deposits

Postby cryptojoe » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:43 pm

Update: Large deposit did arrive after 2.5 days. Now the withdrawal is missing. Launched another ticket. So the problem appears to be with both xrp deposits and withdrawals. Expect delays.
cryptojoe

Postby NtT01 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:31 am

It's a pity Kraken's apparently so slow - just teething troubles, I hope. I must say I found the account signup and verification procedures very straightforward.

Now I just need to get some GBP fiat into their system, but they only allow EUR/USD deposits. Does anyone know the cheapest way to make a EUR deposit from a standard UK bank account? I'm a bit new to all this.
rHWgZEdFRPUgodCTSWB5UiPombmQDbBXHH
NtT01

Postby jzlcdh » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:06 am

I have not used Kraken but my bank charged me 8 GBP for a SEPA transfer to Bitstamp. The bank changed GBP to EUR and then Bitstamp changed EUR to USD!

So perhaps Kraken is better if there is one fewer exchange step? But maybe it depends on the exchange rates you get.

Let us know your experience of Kraken and GBP and whether they have sped up the deposits and withdrawals since the above warning.
jzlcdh

Postby NtT01 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:25 am

jzlcdh wrote:Let us know your experience of Kraken and GBP and whether they have sped up the deposits and withdrawals since the above warning.

In the end I used a SEPA transfer from HSBC for a fee of £4, but got a ripoff exchange rate about 4% below mid-market EUR/GBP. That was only a test so I didn't send much. The Euros appeared in Kraken within 48 hours. Transferring XRP in/out has been much faster - a matter of minutes at most, sometimes seconds.

In future I plan to open a Euro current account and do SEPA transfers from that, which should be free. I'll get fiat into that by using a currency exchange/transfer service like XE Trade. NB You cannot transfer directly into Kraken using XE Trade or any other such service because the sender bank account name must match the Kraken account name.
rHWgZEdFRPUgodCTSWB5UiPombmQDbBXHH
NtT01

Postby alexkravets » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:42 am

Another data point:

Two small deposits of 50 and 12 XRP ( I NEVER trust these exchanges until proven trustworthy) into my "own" Ripple address ? (why not use tags ?)

Are not reflected anywhere in Kraken after 1 hour.

No news from support in 30 minutes.

Tick ... tock...
alexkravets

Postby alexdupre » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:40 pm

Kraken main issue currently is that you cannot withdraw XRP. Always tecUNFUNDED_PAYMENT and the withdrawal get stuck.
Alex Dupre
alexdupre

Return to Trade Reports