Manipulation at its finest

Trade experiences with Ripple users and gateways

Re: Manipulation at its finest

Postby MJGrae » Mon May 19, 2014 8:46 pm

GJSey wrote:not necessarily naughty.. good way to move money fast between Bitstamp accounts the same group share for different purposes.

boss account, employee accounts, etc.

This is what I originally thought was going on, but the numbers are consistently right around the total amount that Bitstamp refills the wallet with, and it is always right after they refill as well. So I think something fishy is going on here.

If they truly have a relationship with Bitstamp like it appears that they do (could you imagine trusting Bitstamp to hold/move that much money around if you didn't have someone on the other end of the phone when you called?) then I'm sure there are more efficient and less market-interfering ways to do so. Or, at the very least, Bitstamp would know when they were moving funds around and would know when they need to fill the wallet in anticipation of one of these moves. Instead, it can be days before the wallet is refilled.

Something just doesn't quite smell right. Granted, there could be a totally reasonable explanation.
I provide liquidity.
MJGrae

Postby alexdupre » Tue May 20, 2014 5:45 am

It was a DoS attack and Bitstamp has been notified about it.
Alex Dupre
alexdupre

Postby tulo » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:13 pm

What do you mean by empty Bitstamp hotwallet?
How can an issuer (Bitstamp) have the wallet empty of USD? They have negative balance as issuer...

Don't get it....
tulo

Postby NATTSiM » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:30 am

tulo wrote:What do you mean by empty Bitstamp hotwallet?
How can an issuer (Bitstamp) have the wallet empty of USD? They have negative balance as issuer...

Don't get it....

The hot wallet does not issue currency: https://ripple.com/wiki/Hot_%26_cold_wallet_setup
NATTSiM
Ripple
Ripple

Previous

Return to Trade Reports