Bitstamp lost my deposit - poor cust service

Trade experiences with Ripple users and gateways
Google [Bot] like(s) this thread.

Bitstamp lost my deposit - poor cust service

Postby dhob8507 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:15 pm

I used the Ripple and Bitstamp bridge to send $USD from my ripple account to my Bitstamp account. The money has just disappeared and has not shown up in my Bitstamp account. I used the proper bitstamp address and also used the destination code. This happened on Monday. I have put in a support ticket every day since because I am getting tired of no resolve. Isn't this an easy fix as this should be a public transaction? I have provided all the information they asked for and included a screen shot of the transaction. They tell me they are sending it to their payments departement but then nothing ever happens! What can I do about this? Is this common??
dhob8507

Re: Bitstamp lost my deposit - poor cust service

Postby Lydian » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:40 pm

Can you provide the transaction identifier and ripple public address?
Lydian

Postby lukecyca » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:25 pm

The same thing happened to me. It's been almost 5 days and their support has done nothing but say they'll look into it.

I've done dozens of ripple deposits to bitstamp and this is the first one to go awry. Very disappointing.
creator of ripli.ca (now defunct), co-conspirator at rubble labs, and market-making enthusiast
r4mdZAcwwzdCu2915DuUkYhnY7BsS26J7G
lukecyca

Postby dhob8507 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:04 pm

Wow, not too happy to read your response that it has also happened to you. I hope this is not indicative of a larger problem developing. I have used Bitstamp for a year and am verified and have always had great experience with them. I still have no information on my deposit.
dhob8507

Postby lukecyca » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:06 pm

I should point out that since my deposit went missing, I did another deposit which worked fine. I suspect they had some momentary trouble and are just slow to go back and manually complete our deposits. I'm not worried (yet), just annoyed.
creator of ripli.ca (now defunct), co-conspirator at rubble labs, and market-making enthusiast
lukecyca

Postby prap » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:11 pm

Sorry to hear this.

Please make sure you include your transaction number when you are contacting them. You can find this in Ripple Trade client in History > Transaction Details.

It looks like: Transaction #DCC8C8CAC21AB6D7BD61E7D81D44B1D43F432C77A5BD9771F1A79DA841C8D2E1

In Transaction Details, you'll also see a link to "Show in graph", that you can include with your inquiry. This will help them investigate the issue, as it is proof of your transaction.

If you are willing to post the transaction details here to the forum, it will help us investigate as well. However, this sounds like a Bitstamp issue that can probably only be solved by them.
prap

Postby BryantJ » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:26 pm

Hi,

For the folks having trouble, if you reply with the Transaction ID for the transfer, I can help you verify if the transaction was successful on the Ripple protocol. Assuming that the transaction(s) were successful, you'll likely need to contact Bitstamp support for resolution, but we can do what we can to help facilitate this process. Thanks for the info!
BryantJ

Postby lukecyca » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:54 pm

My transaction was certainly successful on the ripple network, as evidenced by it showing tesSUCCESS in a validated ledger, and the balance changing appropriately on the RippleState node between me and Bitstamp. Thanks for the offers to help investigate but mine is an issue that Bitstamp will need to solve. I've given them the relevant information including the transaction hash.
lukecyca

Postby dhob8507 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:18 pm

Yes thank you my transaction was also successful. It looks like bitstamp had issues I hope they can resolve
dhob8507

Postby singpolyma » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:21 pm

This happens to me for every single Bitstamp deposit these days. I have to wait often several weeks for them to finally manually verify the transaction and credit me the amount. Then I send it around my trading loop and have to wait weeks again for their support. Losing a lot of potential income this way.
I am not affiliated with RippleLabs. I am affiliated with https://rippleunion.com
edition right joseph
singpolyma

Return to Trade Reports