Direct GBP cross rates have been created

Trade experiences with Ripple users and gateways
Google [Bot] like(s) this thread.

Direct GBP cross rates have been created

Postby jzlcdh » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:56 am

My fellow Britons,

I have created direct Ripula/Bitstamp and Ripula/Snapswap and Bitstamp/Snapswap GBP/GBP cross rates.

If I understand correctly this means that sellers of GBP will automatically get the best current rate in the "convert" screen of Ripple Trade.

On the other hand I guess anyone wanting to buy GBP might want to either just trust one issuer, or use the "trade" screen if they need a particular issuer because as far as I know the issuer cannot be specified on "convert" if you have trusted more than one.

Also I created an offer to buy Senderas GBP with Ripula GBP so if anyone can sell me 1 Senderas GBP I will be able to complete that direct link.
But I am not sure Senderas or the other GBP issuers mentioned at http://ripple.nemisoftware.com/ are serious about GBP?

I am guessing offering these type of rates across a single fiat currency might be less work (and less risk and less profit?) for casual traders as one would just have to keep a feel for the state of the various gateways (e.g. which one might stop trading and how easy to trade, deposit and withdraw GBP) rather than the ups and downs of GBP/XRP.

Please take a look and offer better rates or volumes than me if you can.

Regards

Geoff
jzlcdh

Re: Direct GBP cross rates have been created

Postby LewesMint » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:03 am

I'm registered and as of yesterday verified on Senderas. They accept bank deposits by Faster Payments. Still a little wary though as they don't seem to be promoting the gateway or bother to seed the order books. I don't want to buy useless IOUs. But if a market develops I could potentially fill up some slots on the order book. Though having large amounts sitting on an order book for weeks on end waiting to be matched is not something I'm particularly interested in doing.
LewesMint

Re: Direct GBP cross rates have been created

Postby jzlcdh » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:48 pm

LewesMint - thanks for that info. I can no longer see ~sendaras (for some reason I am typing a tilda but this forum is displaying it like a long hyphen) and I cannot find their ripple address on their website as I cannot register with them. If you or anyone else could send 1p (Senderas) to me at ~Geoff I should be able to create a cross rate.

Regards

Geoff
jzlcdh

Return to Trade Reports