[OFFICIAL] We're moving the giveaway out of beta

All about the World Community Grid XRP giveaway - tips, tricks, hints and discussion.

[OFFICIAL] We're moving the giveaway out of beta

Postby jaesharp » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:25 am

G'day Fellow Ripplers,

We've had a tremendous response to the beta version of the World Community Grid giveaway. With your help, as of the last statistics update, we've collectively donated 114 years and 284 days of compute time and our contribution over the last few days is second only to IBM!

We are now preparing to move the giveaway out of beta. To do this, we're discontinuing the ability to generate XRP claim codes at the giveaway site as of 2 PM PST (10 PM UTC) Friday, 22 November, 2013. However, you'll continue to be able to redeem any existing unredeemed claim codes that have been generated. Please prepare accordingly and stay tuned for another Ripple Labs announcement!

--

Update (Fri, 22 Nov, 2013 - 15:14 PST) - Claim code generation has been discontinued as previously announced. Standby for an announcement in the next few days about how we'll be continuing the WCG Giveaway. As stated in the responses below, your existing claim codes remain valid.
Head of Tech. Ops, Ripple Labs
PKF: 0xCD03DDD381303E6A (pgp.mit.edu)
Public Wallet: rKtSMHAfVPqw6MvFwGrxf1D4CfNwiuJWKA
--
<dronespeak>All opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent
those of my employer, unless otherwise explicitly stated. </dronespeak>
jaesharp

Re: [OFFICIAL] We're moving the giveaway out of beta

Postby otstudio » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:50 am

Interesting news.

Any knowledge if or when "transaction pending" codes will release the XRP. I have some still pending 4+ days on.

Must say this is an interesting way to do a Giveaway. I enjoyed seeing how many WCG points my 5-year-old quad-core Mac Pro could generate in a day! But if there is going to be widespread adoption, there should be some kind of bonus to sign up new users. With the new user getting the "reserve amount" as bonus for signing up and doing "X" amount of transactions; and the referrer as well getting a bonus once that criteria is met.
otstudio

Postby otstudio » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:57 am

Is the RippleLabs team on WCG going to shut down or accept new members? was thinking about getting some more folks to join.
otstudio

Postby Aburgboy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:07 am

jaesharp wrote:G'day Fellow Ripplers,

We've had a tremendous response to the beta version of the World Community Grid giveaway. With your help, as of the last statistics update, we've collectively donated 114 years and 284 days of compute time and our contribution over the last few days is second only to IBM!

We are now preparing to move the giveaway out of beta. To do this, we're discontinuing the ability to generate XRP claim codes at the giveaway site as of 2 PM PST (10 PM UTC) Friday, 22 November, 2013. However, you'll continue to be able to redeem any existing unredeemed claim codes that have been generated. Please prepare accordingly and stay tuned for another Ripple Labs announcement!

Thank you Justin for informing us in advance. We really appreciate it.
Aburgboy

Postby jaesharp » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:08 am

The team membership requirements will remain the same once we're out of beta. The team will continue functioning. Only claim code generation is impacted.
Head of Tech. Ops, Ripple Labs
PKF: 0xCD03DDD381303E6A (pgp.mit.edu)
Public Wallet: rKtSMHAfVPqw6MvFwGrxf1D4CfNwiuJWKA
--
<dronespeak>All opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent
those of my employer, unless otherwise explicitly stated. </dronespeak>
jaesharp

Postby DarthPony » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:09 am

Good work Jae :+1:
DarthPony

Postby yvv » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:16 am

Dear God, Let It Continue

Amen

:)
yvv

Postby freequant » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:48 am

Will we be able to claim points accumulated during the beta once the official giveaway goes live? If not :
1) does that mean that you lose your points at the cut-off time even if you were like 30k+?
2) are you going to track the points balance of members at cut-off?
3) what happens to the points mined between the cut-off time and the go-live of the official give-away?
4) do you plan to change the exchange rate? In which direction?
freequant

Postby weizhiquan » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:07 am

i want to konw ,if the points can get Claim Codes and Redeem until next time to awards
my xrp address rLm4NcASWff9EfXe7h2S8zMuKhPmr7iUJ7
weizhiquan

Postby lucky331 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:29 am

for the mean time, before the next announcement, can we continue accumulating points? or do we have to stop then wait until after the next announcement?
lucky331

Next

Return to WCG XRP Giveaway