tideripplewallet.com is buggy

A place to post feedback and suggestions on Ripple clients (web, iOS, Android) and other applications (RippleCharts).

tideripplewallet.com is buggy

Postby harpereaves » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:12 pm

Edit: I thought tideripplewallet lost my XRP but it was just really slow at updating the balance
Also: the owner responded quickly and was very helpful.

I just sent an unfortunately large sum of XRP to an old account I made with tideripplewallet.com. Only a tiny proportion of it appeared in the transaction history in tide, and it hasn't even updated my balance. And because apparently there's no way to get the secret from a tide wallet, I can't check it with another client. Has anyone else had a similar experience or know what's going on with tide?

Thanks.
Last edited by harpereaves on Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rHm3WTqC8j7GVEzTEsmMogsp1WrE1URjK8
harpereaves

Re: tideripplewallet.com lost most of my XRP?

Postby twarden » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:08 pm

harpereaves wrote:I just sent an unfortunately large sum of XRP to an old account I made with tideripplewallet.com. Only a tiny proportion of it appeared in the transaction history in tide, and it hasn't even updated my balance. And because apparently there's no way to get the secret from a tide wallet, I can't check it with another client. Has anyone else had a similar experience or know what's going on with tide?

Thanks.

This wallet seems a bit fishy from what you're describing.. why would the creator not want you to be able to record your secret?

Either way, if the address in your signature is the account in question, here is the balance:

Code: Select all
{
  "success": true,
  "ledger": 14713567,
  "validated": true,
  "balances": [
    {
      "value": "50.780674",
      "currency": "XRP",
      "counterparty": ""
    },
    {
      "value": "0",
      "currency": "BTC",
      "counterparty": "rvYAfWj5gh67oV6fW32ZzP3Aw4Eubs59B"
    }
  ]
}

https://xagate.com:5990/v1/accounts/rHm ... 8/balances is how I fetched this data. Replace another address with another if this is not the account you're attempting to fetch balances for.
XAGATE Thread~QGK

Robbieboy2 wrote:I think datz is the right man to answer this.
pigeons wrote:That's exactly what I was thinking as I read this!

Don't worry! I'm pretty sure that I got this under control, the last crazy visionary was was far too insane, but I struck the correct balance.
BCT Thread

I am not affiliated with Ripple Labs.
twarden

Re: tideripplewallet.com lost most of my XRP?

Postby harpereaves » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:31 pm

It's a very minimal client; I don't think the inability to view the secret is for malicious or fraudulent reasons.

Thanks for that tool; it's very handy! The address in my signature was the sending account.

As it happens, tidewallet now reflects the correct balance, although the transaction history reports is still wrong.
rHm3WTqC8j7GVEzTEsmMogsp1WrE1URjK8
harpereaves

Return to Clients