RippleTrade Animations

A place to post feedback and suggestions on Ripple clients (web, iOS, Android) and other applications (RippleCharts).

RippleTrade Animations

Postby twarden » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:25 pm

The animations for logging into RT sometimes cause my computer to freeze when I have another tab open like Gmail or playing music within YouTube. Granted, my specs are slightly behind the times, but accessibility is key to any system, especially monetary systems like accessing the Ripple Network through a reliable web-client. Can RL please take into consideration that functionality should be the key factor of development while aesthetics should come absolutely last? The whole migration requirement, KYC Update/slow or no support responses, Federation address access removed/limited, and the deletion of gatewayd debacles have all really angered a lot of the community but mostly these issues affect the less-technically-inclined sector (the only exception in this list is gatewayd).

This RT client issue can easily be solved albeit time consuming. Please consider adding a minimal amount of CSS which can be activated with a radio button when navigating to the RippleTrade's home page an include a second for the current CSS for those users who this does not affect. Please address this soon, it is a huge minor annoyance, and I understand why this is happening for the most part (it's either a memory leak or a lack of RAM). Just think how frustrated the less-technically-inclined must feel when encountering issues; this must have business people rolling their eyes back into their skull. My computer requiring a hard reset with just two tabs open within Chrome is an easy fix for me because I know that I don't possess enough physical memory to run both the RT client and my YT playlist; reboot and just open RT for the few minutes I'll need it. However, please consider those that do not possess a skill-set to be knowledgeable enough as to how-to implement their own workaround(s) when they experience issues like this.
XAGATE Thread~QGK

Robbieboy2 wrote:I think datz is the right man to answer this.
pigeons wrote:That's exactly what I was thinking as I read this!

Don't worry! I'm pretty sure that I got this under control, the last crazy visionary was was far too insane, but I struck the correct balance.
BCT Thread

I am not affiliated with Ripple Labs.
twarden

Re: RippleTrade Animations

Postby keepna » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:32 pm

Last edited by keepna on Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keepna

Re: RippleTrade Animations

Postby twarden » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:51 pm

My C7 has 2GB of RAM, if it wasn't nearly 3 years old and about to be replaced, I would upgrade it because I know how to . I was on the beta channel for a while before I ran into an issue where I couldn't log in due to an update. I had to use the guest account to regain access to my files using the shell, so I've stayed on the stable channel since that unfortunate event. I have a lot of extensions active within my browser and I regularly get rid of my cookies (about once every two weeks) so perhaps the reason why I've been experiencing this issue is too many active extensions, I'll get rid of the trash and see if this improves accessing RT. Last, Flash is a dinosaur and unneeded. If anything, move onto OpenGL plus HTML5 instead of outdated technology RL.
XAGATE Thread~QGK

Robbieboy2 wrote:I think datz is the right man to answer this.
pigeons wrote:That's exactly what I was thinking as I read this!

Don't worry! I'm pretty sure that I got this under control, the last crazy visionary was was far too insane, but I struck the correct balance.
BCT Thread

I am not affiliated with Ripple Labs.
twarden

Return to Clients