Ripple Client Still Usable?

A place to post feedback and suggestions on Ripple clients (web, iOS, Android) and other applications (RippleCharts).
twarden like(s) this thread.

Ripple Client Still Usable?

Postby goldenmoneyxrp » Mon May 23, 2016 3:15 am

Is this ripple client still usable (from Ripple Lab), but now no longer available. I still managed to find and downloaded this windows client (standalone software). Using the client allows me to create cold storage. But the main question is using this windows client to create new account, then store XRP in it, does it still valid later or will be rejected by Ripple Network?

Thanks in advance.

goldenmoneyxrp

Re: Ripple Client Still Usable?

Postby RafOlP » Mon May 23, 2016 1:56 pm

goldenmoneyxrp wrote:Is this ripple client still usable (from Ripple Lab), but now no longer available. I still managed to find and downloaded this windows client (standalone software). Using the client allows me to create cold storage. But the main question is using this windows client to create new account, then store XRP in it, does it still valid later or will be rejected by Ripple Network?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, the client creates files that store secret keys in order to sign transactions. A secret key that is valid today will always be valid so, YES, the accounts created with the client will be valid. Remember to store the secret key in a safe and private place, and you will never lose access to your funds.
RafOlP

Re: Ripple Client Still Usable?

Postby twarden » Tue May 24, 2016 11:58 pm

@RafOlP Thank you for your many contributions in an effort to support end users' access to Ripple :)
XAGATE Thread~QGK

Robbieboy2 wrote:I think datz is the right man to answer this.
pigeons wrote:That's exactly what I was thinking as I read this!

Don't worry! I'm pretty sure that I got this under control, the last crazy visionary was was far too insane, but I struck the correct balance.
BCT Thread

I am not affiliated with Ripple Labs.
twarden

Return to Clients