Flipping order books

A place to post feedback and suggestions on Ripple clients (web, iOS, Android) and other applications (RippleCharts).

Flipping order books

Postby piotrgal » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:29 am

Hi,

I have some basic question about order books in the Ripple Trade.
For any pair I can flip the currencies and the order book is also flipped.
My question: is the flipped order book a recalculated one, so containing the same orders just recalculated to the opposite currencies or are those two order books completely independent and separate markets?
I know I can just try and look, but the thing is that I tried and it confused me, that's why this question :-)

Basically If I flip some order book, the number of orders don't match - I would expect that when I flip, the exact same number of orders from the left side will be on the right side after flipping, and vice-versus. That is not the case (however the difference is small)....
So for example if there is 15 orders on the left and some other number of orders on the right, then after flipping I get the other list on the left, and let's say 18 on the right.... I would expect that now on the right side there will be also 15 orders.

Regards,
Piotr
piotrgal

Re: Flipping order books

Postby tulo » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:29 pm

It's the same orderbook with a different perspective :D
It's strange that the number of orders are different. Maybe it is just a visual bug of Ripple trade.
tulo

Re: Flipping order books

Postby ryannumberfour » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:53 pm

As Tulo said, they're the same orders viewed from the other side (i.e. "BTC per XRP" vs "XRP per BTC"). If you have a reproducible case where the number of orders doesn't match after flipping, please post it.
ryannumberfour

Return to Clients