Missing ledger hostory error?

Technical questions about the Ripple API, the protocol, etc.

Missing ledger hostory error?

Postby csquan_2015 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:30 am

when I get tx records after rippled delete ,the lib give error:missing ledger history.
I cannot get transactions record after rippled delete every times,how to get transaction after rippled delete operation?
csquan_2015

Re: Missing ledger hostory error?

Postby csquan_2015 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:44 am

MissingLedgerHistoryError(Server is missing ledger history in the specified range)],after that ,i have do some payment,
But when i gettransactions again,error remain,could someone point me out?
csquan_2015

Postby JoelKatz » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:24 pm

Once you delete history, you can't retrieve it any more. Don't delete history you want to keep.
JoelKatz
Ripple
Ripple

Postby csquan_2015 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:01 am

but when rippled delete history,after that ,i have done a lot of payment,but still no record.
I mean i gettransations of address,but it return nothing.
csquan_2015

Postby JoelKatz » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:48 am

You can do a "server_info" to see the range of ledgers the server has. The "account_tx" command also tells you the ledgers it queried over. If you see a query that claims to cover a range of ledgers that doesn't contain transactions known to be in that ledger, something is really wrong, possibly database corruption.
JoelKatz
Ripple
Ripple

Postby csquan_2015 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:16 am

After rippled delete ,but official ripple-client still can get transactions record form rippled .I don not know how it did it.
as says,after delete ,you can not get tx record form rippled,but how did official ripple-client do it?
csquan_2015

Postby csquan_2015 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:18 am

after can_delete operastion,when you do a payment to someone,is still have error:Missing ledger hostory error?
does something wrong?
csquan_2015

Postby murarka » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:55 pm

Curious. I am running a rippled node and I noted that the section under "ledger history" was not set (ie: commented out) and online_delete was set to 2000, which seems to be the default.

Trying to do this request of "getTransactions" using ripple-lib, I found I was getting this error when hitting my rippled node.

I was a bit puzzled, as wouldn't I get at least SOME history even if it is an empty set? I even deliberately created a new TX and sent it, waited a while, and then did "getTransactions" but still got our familiar error from ripple-lib:

[MissingLedgerHistoryError(Server is missing ledger history in the specified range)]

I went ahead and changed the settings in the node's rippled.cfg so that ledger_history was set to full and online_delete was set to "1000000000" (without quotes, which is 1 billion). I then restarted rippled. I figured this would resolve it.

But upon running "getTransactions", I am still getting the exact same error. I tried again to send another tx just to "create" history, but it makes no difference.

What am I missing here? Do I need to delete the node's entire DB and have it "restart from scratch"? I am pretty puzzled.

Thanks.
murarka

Postby Sukrim » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:31 pm

Which transaction were you asking for? If it is in a ledger that your rippled server does not yet have locally available, you'll see these kinds of errors.

Online delete does not really make sense with full history (which by the way is several TB large - do you have that storage capacity available?).

The output of server_info on your rippled node might help.
Sukrim

Return to Developers