How to deal with tefMAX_LEDGER error?

Technical questions about the Ripple API, the protocol, etc.

Re: How to deal with tefMAX_LEDGER error?

Postby JoelKatz » Sun May 07, 2017 7:08 pm

That's odd, a personal rippled shouldn't make much difference. You get a tefMAX_LEDGER error if your transaction doesn't get included in a ledger within the number of ledgers you've allowed it to remain valid. The primary cause of this would be if the fee is too low relative to the number of ledgers you've allowed. Reasonable numbers would be 5 ledgers and 5,000 drops. Transactions do still go through for 10 drops, but you might need to wait 25 ledgers or more.
JoelKatz
Ripple
Ripple

Re: How to deal with tefMAX_LEDGER error?

Postby jn_r » Mon May 08, 2017 5:25 am

I am running my own rippled now and results have significantly improved. It think it has to do with the (relatively) many sequential calls I make to to rippled:

0) api.on ( getLedgerNr )
1) getFee
2) getBalances
3) getOrders
4) getAccountInfo
5) checkOrderbook(s)
6) create and submit order

These steps are all performed sequential. Might definitly need some improvement, most of them can also be done in parellel. But for the argument, it is something like 6 sequential calls to rippled in between getting the ledger(nr) and submitting the order. I suspect that each call - when it is busy on the central servers - takes a few seconds to get response from the central servers (maybe because of network slugginess?), in total that would then surpass the maxledger

p.s.
Congrats on the spectular rise :D Well deserved and long awaited for!
jn_r

Previous

Return to Developers