Client Wallet Trade Function???

Technical questions about the Ripple API, the protocol, etc.

Client Wallet Trade Function???

Postby Rippler321 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:30 pm

Hi Folks,

I am experimenting with minimalist ripple client from Github. (BTW, I am not using this on Apple-based browsers/platforms, or with Safari.)

You can view the client hereat github: https://jatchili.github.io/minimalist-ripple-client/

I do have a question regarding the "Trade" function with this client.

How do you make a "Sell" offer?? I am totally frustrated in trying to make one!!!

I am able to make a "Buy" offer by doing this with the "Trade" entry fields

100 (Takerpays amount entry field)
XRP (Takerpays CUR/Issuer entry field)
20.00 (Takergets amount entry field)
USD/rxxxbitstamp_ripple# (Takergets CUR/Issuer entry field)

In the above example, this creates a Buy offer for 100 XRP for $20.00 USD/Bitstamp at 0.20 each. I verified this order as valid using Ripplefox explorer tool.

How would I create a "Sell" offer for 100 XRP to sell for 20.00 USD/Bitstamp at 0.20 each?

I have tried different configurations with those 4 fields, but no luck, or maybe I am missing a symbol?? Any help would be great!!

Thanks in advance!
Rippler123

FYI, here is html code for the portion of the TRADE function of the minimalist online client web page.

<input type="text" class="wide" id="tpamount" placeholder="TakerPays amount" /><br/>
<input type="text" class="wide" id="tpcurissuer" placeholder="TakerPays CUR/issuer" />
<button tabindex="-1" class="tilde halfoffset" onclick="pressResolve(this,['tpcurissuer','tgcurissuer'])">~</button><br/>
<input type="text" class="wide" id="tgamount" placeholder="TakerGets amount" /><br/>
<input type="text" class="wide" id="tgcurissuer" placeholder="TakerGets CUR/issuer" /><br/>
<button onclick="pressOffer()" id="offerbutton">submit offer</button>
Rippler321

Return to Developers