Determining _exactly_ how to reduce owner count to 0

Technical questions about the Ripple API, the protocol, etc.

Determining _exactly_ how to reduce owner count to 0

Postby twarden » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:54 pm

I want to know exactly how you can determine from the output of account_objects what RippleState objects are affecting my reserve.

Info: https://sea-region.github.com/ripple/ri ... ssues/2741
XAGATE Thread~PreciousWallet.io Thread

Don't worry! I'm pretty sure that I got this under control, the last crazy visionary was was far too insane, but I struck the correct balance.
BCT Thread

I am not affiliated with Ripple Labs.
twarden

Re: Determining _exactly_ how to reduce owner count to 0

Postby twarden » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:09 am

I want this answered over here so you can gain some SO reputation: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/532 ... tions-json

I have an owner count of 9 now so I have made some progress with this. I want to try to get my list of owner reserves through the directorynode but for some reason I can't retrieve the owner directory with the websocket tool. Here is my request:

Code: Select all
{
  "id": 3,
  "command": "ledger_entry",
  "type": "directory",
  "directory": "r3ADD8kXSUKHd6zTCKfnKT3zV9EZHjzp1S",
  "directory.owner": "r3ADD8kXSUKHd6zTCKfnKT3zV9EZHjzp1S",
  "ledger_index": "validated"
}

And the response is:

Code: Select all
{
  "id": 18,
  "status": "success",
  "type": "response",
  "result": {
    "ledger_hash": "144B55BDD8B1BED30B1B1F030E372C88DABFE0251F858B8F7A9AF5AA880022E6",
    "ledger_index": 42939788,
    "validated": true
  }
}

And this is not bringing me any information about what is contributing to my owner reserve...

EDIT: Okay, I missed the part within the ledger_entry documentation stating that the string for directory is not an account (although that would have made more sense from a usability perspective) instead it is a hexadecimal string of the SHA-512Half of 0x004F and the AccountID of the owner (my address) concatenated. I found mDuo13's repository for sha512half so I'm going to update this post once I have tried to send another ledger_entry request with the proper string value and see what is returned then.
XAGATE Thread~PreciousWallet.io Thread

Don't worry! I'm pretty sure that I got this under control, the last crazy visionary was was far too insane, but I struck the correct balance.
BCT Thread

I am not affiliated with Ripple Labs.
twarden

Return to Developers