Recovering Ripple Account

New users post here first!
Notices, how-to, instructions, guides, questions, etc.

Recovering Ripple Account

Postby dunn24reds » Fri May 26, 2017 5:50 pm

Hello,

I farmed quite a bit of ripple a few years ago, and used to login directly on this site to access my wallet. However, it seems like wallets are no longer kept on this site, and I am unable to migrate my account elsewhere because I never saved my secret key. As you can see, I logged in to these forums without any issue, but I have not access to my XRP. Do I have any options at all without my secret key?
dunn24reds

Re: Recovering Ripple Account

Postby twarden » Fri May 26, 2017 6:57 pm

dunn24reds wrote:Hello,

I farmed quite a bit of ripple a few years ago, and used to login directly on this site to access my wallet. However, it seems like wallets are no longer kept on this site, and I am unable to migrate my account elsewhere because I never saved my secret key. As you can see, I logged in to these forums without any issue, but I have not access to my XRP. Do I have any options at all without my secret key?

Apologies for your loss mate but without your secret key to sign transactions an having missed the opportunity to migrate your Ripple Client/Ripple Trade account to GateHub when the transition was occurring; You are pretty S.O.O.L. Always back up secret keys in physical form and keep a copy in your wallet plus a safety deposit box/bury it like the pirates did.
XAGATE Thread~PreciousWallet.io Thread

Don't worry! I'm pretty sure that I got this under control, the last crazy visionary was was far too insane, but I struck the correct balance.
BCT Thread

I am not affiliated with Ripple Labs.
twarden

Re: Recovering Ripple Account

Postby Kosmos » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:39 am

Hello! I registered an account with wallet.gatehub.net on November 2, 2016, with copies of documents for verification. Made a migration of purse ripple.com (on the purse it was about 35000 XRP) and, from November 2, 2016 to November 22, 2016. Tried to make several XRP exchange transactions for the US dollar. Exchange, apparently did not happen (most likely, there was a glitch, or something else). But XRP from the balance disappeared. Technical support, at that time, could not say anything intelligible to me. I enclose last year's hashes and screenshots.
I still can not see neither XRP nor $$. If the transactions were canceled, then I ask you to restore the balance in XRP on your wallet.
Out of 35,000 XRP, only 3,784.99 XRP remained on the wallet. Where did XRP go? I ask you to help understand, check all transactions from November 2, 2016 to November 22, 2016, and return the funds, because On my purse XRP did not return, and the declared exchange for USD also did not happen.
At the moment, the exchange operations are conducted well (in contrast to the period from November 2, 2016 to November 22, 2016, when the money was gone from the wallet).

Also, found that I deleted 2 any wallet (probably removed). Maybe they are there? Is it possible to get them back?
Kosmos

Return to New Users / How-To