Ran into bad luck/Wallet issues

New users post here first!
Notices, how-to, instructions, guides, questions, etc.
Google [Bot] like(s) this thread.

Ran into bad luck/Wallet issues

Postby scribesunlimited » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:45 am

Hello:

A few years ago, I lost a hard drive in a crash, and sadly all of my info about my wallet. I CAN look at a "cold wallet" report from the Ripple Desktop Wallet, since I still have my wallet key, but...I can't figure out how to do anything. I had about 12K ripples in there, and I can see the account, but I cannot access it. I tried to work something out with Gatehub but I didn't get much help. Does anyone know what I can do? Have I lost everything? :bah:
"The greatest thing we can do, as human beings, is act the way human beings were when they first started out. When they were innocent, curious, and unabashedly naked."
scribesunlimited

Re: Ran into bad luck/Wallet issues

Postby Sukrim » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:35 pm

Do you mean you still know your address (starting with "r...") or do you have your actual key (starts with "s..." - if you have that one, do NOT post it here)?
Sukrim

Postby scribesunlimited » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:48 pm

I found the secret key and ripple key. Whew.

Alright, now what do I do, I'm like 4 years out of the game here. :D

Sukrim wrote:Do you mean you still know your address (starting with "r...") or do you have your actual key (starts with "s..." - if you have that one, do NOT post it here)?
"The greatest thing we can do, as human beings, is act the way human beings were when they first started out. When they were innocent, curious, and unabashedly naked."
scribesunlimited

Postby Sukrim » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:37 pm

That secret key is your account. You can use it on nearly any wallet out there to regain access.
Sukrim

Postby scribesunlimited » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:47 pm

Thanks!
I sent you a PM.
:D
Sukrim wrote:That secret key is your account. You can use it on nearly any wallet out there to regain access.
scribesunlimited

Return to New Users / How-To