Ripple Union merging with XAGATE

Ripple Union merging with XAGATE

Postby singpolyma » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:49 pm

As many of you have noticed, Ripple Union has been a lot less active recently. Jon and I have had a lot going on, and just haven't had the time to spend on the business that it deserves. We've been left with a dilemma: we don't want to shut down, but we don't feel it is fair to continue as things have been.

Luckily, we have found a solution! XAGATE and Ripple Union are going to merge! Taylor Warden will, sometime in August, take over the day-to-day, and by September all operations will be handled through xagate.com under the XAGATE brand. This should mean better, more consistent service. We will do our best to prevent any further service interruptions during the transition.

Our issuing address is not changing! The Ripple Union issue address will become the CAD issuer for XAGATE, so you don't need to change your trust lines or your maket makers. Everything should continue as usual, just with a new website.

It's been a great time, and I look forward to even more great Ripple action in the future!

Feel free to ask any questions in this thread and I will do my best to answer them in a timely fashion.
I am not affiliated with RippleLabs. I am affiliated with https://rippleunion.com
edition right joseph
singpolyma

Re: Ripple Union merging with XAGATE

Postby twarden » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:57 am

Hello everyone, I just want to write my two cents about how this merger affects the XAGATE Gateway.

For those who may not know who I am, I began to work as an open source developer once I had established myself within the Ripple community as a service provider. I first joined the official Ripple forums on July 7th, 2014 and on December 25, 2014 I launched the XAGATE Ripple Gateway based in Ontario, Canada. XAGATE wishes to become an internationally accepted Gateway. XAGATE was the second Gateway to proudly operate within Canada next to its predecessor, RippleUnion. The projects that I am actively developing or operating include:

XAGATE @ https://xagate.com

The QuickGatewayKit @ https://github.com/whotooktwarden/QuickGatewayKit and http://quickgatewaykit.org

Agates, A Cross-Blockchain Cryptocurrency @ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10273&p=64176#p64176

As singpolyma stated, this transition will not affect any accounts or market makers. The current issuing address for CAD over the ~RippleUnion account r3ADD8kXSUKHd6zTCKfnKT3zV9EZHjzp1S will not change during this transition. However, this account will be renamed at a future date, I will edit this post in the near future to reflect this change. Next, the tools that RippleUnion offers will still be available to the community.

XAGATE will no longer offer exchanges of cryptocurrency directly for CAD IOUs.

Withdrawal fees will increase by 50 cents to 2.50$ while deposit fees are unchanged at 2$, this is XAGATE's current fee schedule for CAD.

XAGATE's Terms of Service will be updated tomorrow morning to reflect these changes. Subscribe to the XAGATE Blog for further business and development news.

EDIT: Please find the details of this aforementioned update here. I also forgot to mention that XAGATE will no longer have a 20$ minimum deposit requirement as RippleUnion did not imply such a restriction.
Last edited by twarden on Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XAGATE Thread~PreciousWallet.io Thread

Don't worry! I'm pretty sure that I got this under control, the last crazy visionary was was far too insane, but I struck the correct balance.
BCT Thread

I am not affiliated with Ripple Labs.
twarden

Postby meetreks » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:21 am

Good Stuff Taylor, wishing you all the very best with your new role.
meetreks

Postby twarden » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:50 pm

meetreks wrote:Good Stuff Taylor, wishing you all the very best with your new role.

Thank you for your kind words meetreks :) I look forward to our upcoming meeting this weekend and I can't wait to see what will come of that Ripple Game :)
Last edited by twarden on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Don't worry! I'm pretty sure that I got this under control, the last crazy visionary was was far too insane, but I struck the correct balance.
BCT Thread

twarden

Postby FinSin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:44 pm

I think it is great to see both of your efforts coming together.

A rising tide lifts all boats.
FinSin

Postby twarden » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:17 pm

The RippleUnion web site now redirects to the XAGATE web site. For those of you who are unaware, the amazon gift card program was retired in June. CAD issuances are backed 100% by Canadian Dollars stored in the Libro Credit Union. The Cryptocurrency to CAD deposit method has been retired. The minimum deposit limit for CAD is at least 2$ dollars, the 20$ minimum deposit limit has been retired as RippleUnion did not apply this restriction. RippleUnion clients, please note that withdrawal fees will raise from 2$ to 2.50$; XAGATE's fee schedule for CAD is 2$ flat on deposits and 2.50$ flat on withdrawals.

BCT Thread

twarden

Postby twarden » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:19 pm

It has taken far longer than initially expected to finalize the acquisition of Rippleunion and I apologize to everyone who has been affected negatively by the troublesome legal issues that the prior owners and I encountered. To add insult to injury, I was denied business with three financial institutions in my area, but as of today the corporate account which backs the obligations of CAD IOUs over the Ripple Network will be available shortly. Due to the size of the initial deposit to this account, withdrawals cannot be processed until December 16, 2015 as a hold as been applied to the deposited amount. As of now, deposits can be processed.

BCT Thread

twarden

Return to General Discussion