How many XRP in circulation?

Re: How many XRP in circulation?

Postby ChartGuy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:23 pm

Thank you for this! It adds more transparency, nice to see such tool
ChartGuy

Postby Sukrim » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:38 pm

Without the ability to see which accounts are used to calculate this, it boils down to trusting RippleLabs that this number is correct.
About the hidden/in-the-works business deals, they could just announce a special address where funds for these business deals are paid from.

I mean it's nice and all, still it is not verifyable at all by externals.

it's_something.jpg :]
Sukrim

Postby moocowpong1 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:11 pm

Those numbers add up to 80 billion... if I recall, the rest was granted to the initial developers at the beginning? As they may have sold some, the actual circulation (that is, the actual XRP held by people not associated with Ripple Labs) may be higher. So assuming we trust these numbers, we have the following quantities:

Not held by anyone associated with Ripple Labs: Between ~7 bil. and ~27 bil.
Not held by Ripple Labs: ~27 bil.
Total present in the system: ~100 bil.
rKdtD8YQXCJAnXoXQfmn645FybiaFWVghs
I accept GDW.
moocowpong1

Postby ripple-Erik » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:23 pm

nwtrades wrote:
kingkong wrote:What is the current count of XRP in circulation?

Hi kingkong, it looks like Ripple Labs has finally launched a public counter of all XRP in circulation.

To answer your question:
7,223,302,086 (As of Jan. 7, 2014)

https://www.ripplelabs.com/xrp-distribution/

Thanks for this! Transparency helps build trust in the system. The more, the better!
r3HT5pvbfaHWfFYh4H9hk1qdnijtW8sENB
ripple-Erik

Postby celticwarrior72 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:30 pm

Yeah. Nice new website too.
Follow Coinist on Twitter: https://twitter.com/_coinist
celticwarrior72

Postby Robertharpool » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:16 pm

With each passing week, my confidence in the eventual success of Ripple grows exponentially. This transparency of XRP distribution, the multi-lingual support and the defense of trademark has been enough of a 'fix' to keep me evangelizing for quite a while :-D Good job Ripple Labs!!
Robertharpool

Postby BeRichLiveFree » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:17 am

Robertharpool wrote:With each passing week, my confidence in the eventual success of Ripple grows exponentially. This transparency of XRP distribution, the multi-lingual support and the defense of trademark has been enough of a 'fix' to keep me evangelizing for quite a while :-D Good job Ripple Labs!!

Speak to the people, my Ripple Brother!
Some will thank us crazy! But some will see the light!
And, we shall pray for my friend "ChartGuy" that he will become as enlighten as we and preach the gospel of Ripple Labs!

BeRichLiveFree :+1: 8-) :+1:
BeRichLiveFree

Postby Johnnyb34 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:21 am

BeRichLiveFree wrote:
Robertharpool wrote:With each passing week, my confidence in the eventual success of Ripple grows exponentially. This transparency of XRP distribution, the multi-lingual support and the defense of trademark has been enough of a 'fix' to keep me evangelizing for quite a while :-D Good job Ripple Labs!!

Speak to the people, my Ripple Brother!
Some will thank us crazy! But some will see the light!
And, we shall pray for my friend "ChartGuy" that he will become as enlighten as we and preach the gospel of Ripple Labs!

BeRichLiveFree :+1: 8-) :+1:

Ha! I agree with you both!
Johnnyb34

Postby culminator » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:46 am

7 billion already distributed is much more than I have expected. How did RL manage to distribute such number of XRPs?

If we make a groundless presumption that various giveaways consumed 1 billion XRP (which is already too high I think, it would take 2 years to distribute this amount through WCG giveaway at current rate), then there's 6 billion which RL must have sold as bulk. Making another groundless presumption that they sold it at lets say 100 USD/XRP rate. This would mean that RL got 60 million $, which would be great since RL deserve to get rich. Though if they sold it at the rate of 1000 USD/XRP it would be unfair to simple folks who bought XRP at the ripple market.

Also if those XRP were sold to re-sellers, where are they? I personally know only two ways to buy XRP: at BitStamp and at the market. Anyone knows some other options?
culminator

Postby mvsb » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:04 am

culminator wrote:7 billion already distributed is much more than I have expected. How did RL manage to distribute such number of XRPs?

If we make a groundless presumption that various giveaways consumed 1 billion XRP (which is already too high I think, it would take 2 years to distribute this amount through WCG giveaway at current rate), then there's 6 billion which RL must have sold as bulk. Making another groundless presumption that they sold it at lets say 100 USD/XRP rate. This would mean that RL got 60 million $, which would be great since RL deserve to get rich. Though if they sold it at the rate of 1000 USD/XRP it would be unfair to simple folks who bought XRP at the ripple market.

Also if those XRP were sold to re-sellers, where are they? I personally know only two ways to buy XRP: at BitStamp and at the market. Anyone knows some other options?

read the small text ... "*Totals include business development agreements that are still pending."
Smart investment with XRP ???
mvsb

Previous

Return to General Discussion